Plant-Based diet can save your live
History teaches that the universality of beliefs does not make them truer. It sometimes happens that the more common the conviction, the greater the distance separates it from the truth and – thus – the more damage it can do.
The discovery of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, quickly called breast cancer genes, has led to widespread recognition of genes as the only risk factor for developing this disease. *
* The consequence of this error is the mistaken belief that the only effective cancer prevention is breast removal; Campbell describes the cases of women who are considering removing their breasts, not only their own but also the breasts of their daughters.
In the face of forecasts that every eighth woman is or will be affected by this disease * – it is difficult to overestimate the value of knowledge and education concerning breast cancer – no matter how skimpy this knowledge is.
* The increasing survival and effectiveness of breast cancer therapy is a simple statistical distortion; only the detectability of the disease has increased (earlier diagnosis) – thanks to mammography and tests for the presence of genes.
For example, if out of 100 women 5 die from breast cancer, in the past we assumed that “as many as 5” died, and today – that “as little as 5” – because the BRCA gene was detected in 12 out of 100.
Most women have no idea about the relationship between breast cancer risk and nutrition. As many as four of… four elements of breast cancer risk – depend on the diet (!) and its impact on the hormonal balance of a woman (estrogen level):
The risk of breast cancer is all the greater:
- the earlier the first menstrual period
- the later menopause
- the higher the level of female hormones
- the higher the cholesterol level
All of these elements are stimulated by a diet rich in animal products.
Let’s form it explicitly:
The more a girl / woman consumes animal products, the earlier the first menstrual period and later the menopause will occur – thus the exposure period of the body to estrogens and their higher concentrations will be longer; the relation of cholesterol and the amount of animal products consumed is obvious: cholesterol is only found in animal products.
In China, women using a customary diet based on unprocessed plant products have from 26 to 63% lower estrogen concentrations and on average 8 to 9 years shorter reproductive period (from 8 to 9 years shorter exposure of the body to estrogen).
What about genes?
Only 3% of cases of cancer are affected by gene dependence, and only 0.2% (i.e. 1 out of 500 women) have a mutated form of the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene – which increase the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
About 50% of women who have this mutated form BRCA1 or BRCA2 – however, do not get sick (!), because the gene – in order to cause the disease – must be activated. In the activation of the gene, the main role is played by dietary factors, namely the presence of animal protein in the diet.
Thus, the PLANT-BASED diet – based on unprocessed plant products, containing no animal products – may help in the inactivation of the gene (lack of animal protein in the diet inhibits gene expression.)
The effectiveness of the treatment of such drugs as tamoxifen is based solely on their action consisting in the reduction of estrogen activity.
At the end it would be necessary to ask two important questions:
- Why no one informs women that this activity can be reduced by the PLANT-BASED diet alone?
- Why no one informs women that besides mastectomy and tamoxifen there is also a PLANT-BASED diet, which – quite simply – can save their lives.
This and several other entries in our blog regarding the relationship between health and diet – are based on data disclosed in “The China Study” [T. Colin Campbell, Thomas M. Campbell, 2004].
The book discusses the results of epidemiological studies on the widest scale in the world on the relationship between diet and the morbidity of various disease entities.
If you want to help us running this HEALTH BLOG – just visit our BAGS.life vegan store. Maybe you’ll like one of our bags, or maybe you’ll just recommend it to someone who loves VEGAN ART-BOHO style.